The Facility & Engineering Manager Netherlands is responsible for the optimal management of assets, facilities and engineering projects through strong project management and communication skills and working at all levels in the organisation.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager EMEA, working independently within a matrix organisation managing a team of four direct reports.
Who we are
Quaker Chemical EMEA manufactures more than 500 different products, mainly auxiliary substances for the metal producing and processing industry. Although operating internationally and with a global orientation, our EMEA Headquarters are located in Uithoorn, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Over 400 people are employed by Quaker EMEA, working on product development, production, sales and marketing.
What’s in it for you?
- Good salary with great secondary conditions, including fully paid pension and health care schemes, bonus eligibility.
- Opportunities to see your efforts contribute toward the success of a rapidly growing international company.
- Solving problems and creating value are part of our DNA.
What you will do
- Maintenance: management of mechanical and electrical activities within the department.
- EHS: monitor, design technical solutions and improve processes to enhance quality, EHS, service and costs levels.
- Engineering: oversee the design, construction and maintenance of the facilities and facility management systems.
- Purchasing: following guidelines, oversee the purchasing of all materials in Holland (excluding raw materials and packaging).
- General office services: set guidelines for the availability and quality of office services.
- Responsible for compliance of the FS process with SOX in Holland.
What we look for
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree in mechanical and chemical engineering.
- At least more than five years of managerial experience.
- Experience in the industry, and with capex projects.
- Have thorough understanding of financial reporting.
- Have followed NEN 3140 education.
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and if you are enthusiastic about the role, do not hesitate and send your written motivation and curriculum vitae in English to the attention of Christa Koot.
Apply now via the online application form
For additional information about Quaker, please visit www.quakerchem.com.
Agency calls are not appreciated.