Fulltime | Rijswijk
Petrogas E&P Netherlands B.V., through its predecessors, has been active in the Netherlands since the mid-1960’s and has been operating oil and natural gas production since 1982. Currently oil and natural gas is produced from 6 offshore production assets, comprising mature oil fields and the A/B-blocks shallow gas developments. Three depleted fields have been shut in and are being prepared for decommissioning. Petrogas Transportation B.V. also owns and operates the P9/Q1 oil transmission systems and various interfield gas transmission infrastructure.
Driven by our purpose of finding and developing hydrocarbons safely, in a socially responsible and economically sustainable manner, we are a partner of choice for our expertise, people and performance. Our solutions combine the finest technology with the knowledge and know-how of our highly experienced and talented team of geoscience professionals, engineers and competent offshore crew. A dynamic environment where you can build key initiatives for Innovation and Operations. Join our team as we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, flexible working hours, and an attractive performance bonus. Work in a diversified organization culture with short lines of communication, where you can make a difference from day one.
Petrogas is looking to hire an HSE Technician for the Operations department who will interact closely with the HSEQ department. The main challenge of this role is to coordinate the execution of HSE activities in accordance with defined HSE programs and guidelines. The successful candidate will coach offshore personnel in operational HSE related activities and create/expand the HSE awareness within the organization in addition to keeping relevant procedures up to date. You will promote adherence to work procedures, participate in risk assessments. You will be required to travel to offshore platforms on a regular basis (several times per month).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Update, innovate and recommend HSE work procedures and tools, in close consultation with relevant stakeholders, in order to further optimize HSE performance within the Operations department.
- Support and train the workforce on HSE related activities in order to share knowledge and create awareness for HSE, ensuring a consistent application of procedures.
- Deliver workplan instruction for contractors and review executed work in order to ensure proper implementation of HSE procedures.
- Assist in the follow up of incidents ensuring timely close-out incident reporting and resulting actions.
- Provide improvement suggestions for HSEQ Management System in order to improve accuracy of data and HSE performance.
- Travel to offshore platforms on a regular basis.
Attention to HSE is considered an integrated part of your work. You will plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals and consistently strive to achieve results, even under challenging circumstances. You will understand complex, high quantity, and sometimes inconsistent information to effectively solve problems. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum European Vocational Qualification (EVQ) Technical Level 4 (MBO+).
- 3 to 5 years HSEQ experience, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, practices and regulations related to offshore oil and gas operations.
- Working knowledge on Process Safety and Occupational Safety.
- Proficient in Dutch & English.
- Willing to travel to offshore locations when required.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face to face interview. When required, we will arrange for a virtual interview. A medical check as part of the offshore certification is mandatory. A case study and/or reference check may be part of the hiring procedure.
Interested candidates may send their application letter and CV via the application button (in Dutch or English) or contact Chris van Elswijk (Recruiter) via +31703572357.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: HSE, TRA, health, safety, environment, PTW, risk, permit, field, ISO, schedule, plan, organize, report, planning, maintenance, operation, production, offshore,oil&gas